The wait is over! Earlier today the 2016 Giller Prize shortlist was announced.
The list is as follows:
- Mona Awad for her novel 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
- Gary Barwin for his novel Yiddish for Pirates
- Emma Donoghue for her novel The Wonder
- Catherine Leroux for her novel The Party Wall
- Madeleine Thien for her novel Do Not Say We Have Nothing
- Zoe Whittall for her novel The Best Kind of People
The Shadow Giller jury will now swing into full reading and reviewing mode as we try to determine who we think should be the winner. We will announce our chosen title a few days before the official winner is named on Monday 7 November.
In the meantime, if you are on Twitter we’re happy to announce that we have set up a Shadow Giller account. You can follow us @. Please use the hashtag #ShadowGiller